26 REDS & A BOTTLE OF WINE

Sometimes I doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion




WHO GETS TO CALL IT ART?


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...




My friend Jed Parker has just finished well, I'll let him say it. I'll add my two cents after the jump!

Dear Friends:
I ,Jed, have edited another movie recently and I am damn proud of it. Its
called Who Gets To Call It Art? It is a full length documentary about The
curator Henry Geldzahler and his romp through the art world of the 60s which I
worked toward turning into a romp for all the people of today to enjoy.

it has a 2 week run at the Film Forum. So here is a chance for you all to see
a 35mm print of the film!!!! Golly

For all dates between February 1 and 13 you can purchase tickets at
www.filmforum.org starting January 25.

So I don't really have much to add other than to say that I find the period that Mr. Geldzahler worked for the MET to be interesting. Maybe the last truely interesting period of American Art. I never really considered the Warhol lead movement of the late seventies and early eighties little more then the over selfindulgence on a horny faggot.

It seems a normal happening to me now but consider that when Mr. Geldzahler took his post at the MET as it Contemporary Arts Director it was a post that didn't exist. The MET scaresly acknowledged the existence of a living artist, much less exhibited one. Mr. Geldzahler was largely responsible of the legitimizing of artists like Daddy-Fagbottoms (my pet name for Warhol) and Hockney.

This film has been getting good press.


0 Responses to “WHO GETS TO CALL IT ART?”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm J.R.Knight
  • From
  • I'M SILENTLY JUDGING YOU BASED ON YOUR NETFLIX QUEUE
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

The Blind Man's Parade