26 REDS & A BOTTLE OF WINE

Sometimes I doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion




ONE


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...




Not sure why Crooks and Liars had this Metallica video on it's site but... what can ya do?

This is an awesome video that relies heavily on the film version of Johnny Got His Gun. Dalton Trumbo both wrote the book and directed the movie in 1971. Trumbo also wrote Spartacus but he was blacklisted during Joseph McCarthy's little thingie so he never got screen credit. He also wrote 30 Seconds Over Tokyo, Roman Holiday (awesome), Gun Crazy (one of my faves) and Papllon.

I remember when I was a freshman in high school and And Justice For All was up for a Grammy. There was this guy on my bus who loved Metallica (a senior) and he said if Metallica didn't win he was going to carve "Metallica Rules" into the back of one of the seats. Needless to say Metallica lost to some fucking Jethro Tull album (what the fuck?!?) but that guy never carved up the bus seat and I thought of him as a bit of a pussy for the rest of the year. Of course I said nothing beause he was a senior and twice my size


0 Responses to “ONE”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm J.R.Knight
  • From
  • I'M SILENTLY JUDGING YOU BASED ON YOUR NETFLIX QUEUE
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

The Blind Man's Parade