26 REDS & A BOTTLE OF WINE

Sometimes I doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion




A MILLION IS AN ESTIMATE


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



James “I’m a bad man” Frey was on Larry King Live last night talking about the train wreck that has become his literary career. Of course Larry was beyond softballing ‘em. I guess t-ball is beyond softball. Anyway, James’ response to the whole thing boiled down to “Ya live and ya learn.”

Great, thanks. Really clears the air.

My favorite bit was when he said, “…all memoirs take liberty with the facts. They have to. They condense time.“ Hey, Jimbo! You’re not being accused of taking condensing time. You’re accused of making it up. The amazing sales for the book are based entirely on the mythology swirling around the author. If he didn’t have a $1,000 dollar a day coke and heroine problem and drink 4 bottle of Jack Daniels a night then you’re lying. Lying for the purpose of creating myth. You’re a college freshman at his first at his first keg party. You’re bullshiting. And bullshit is only cool to pussies.

When asked about his third book, the one he hasn’t started yet, and about who would publish it James seemed a bit uncertain before answering, “I’m with Riverhead and they’re going to publish my next two books.” Don’t write any checks yet James.

He also claims that no one is disputing that he was a drug addict, no one was disputing that he went to rehab. Well, what a differance a day makes.

By the way, check out the comment section of Amazon’s page on the book. People are pissed. I think the backlash is a bit ridiculous. I mean, the guy just gets to write his name at the bottom of a list of people who have bullshitted in order to separate retards from their money.


1 Responses to “A MILLION IS AN ESTIMATE”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    "A monumental achievement! One of the most important novels of this generation!. I read EVERY page of this book!"- Jayson Blair

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm J.R.Knight
  • From
  • I'M SILENTLY JUDGING YOU BASED ON YOUR NETFLIX QUEUE
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

The Blind Man's Parade