26 REDS & A BOTTLE OF WINE

Sometimes I doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion




I'LL HAVE A GLASS OF SAUVIGNON AND A LOAN APPLICATION


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I read Frank Bruni’s piece in the dining section of the Times today about the $1,000 dollar glass of wine being hawked over at Gilt . His choice word for the new eatery was “sneaky”.

I know this space because I used to work at the New York Palace Hotel and Gilt occupies Le Cirque 2000 old space. It’s worth noting that Gilt doesn’t have the old Le Cirque kitchen, which was mostly ripped out and is right now being converted to be used by the hotel. In fact they don’t seemed to be using much of the old Le Cirque space right now. With only a tiny bit of kitchen on the ground floor and a hallway of storage space on the second I can’t imagine where they’re cooking.

He makes some good points about stealth and add on charges at D’or Ahn, Thor and Cookshop. I mean, whatever is whatever but in the city with a 200 porkchop I say anything goes.


0 Responses to “I'LL HAVE A GLASS OF SAUVIGNON AND A LOAN APPLICATION”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm J.R.Knight
  • From
  • I'M SILENTLY JUDGING YOU BASED ON YOUR NETFLIX QUEUE
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

The Blind Man's Parade