26 REDS & A BOTTLE OF WINE

Sometimes I doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion




ROCKS IN YOUR HEAD IS CLOSING


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



The Rocks in Your Head record store on Prince Street, just west of West Broadway is closing after like 27 years and moving to (brace yourself) Williamsburg. This is fucking bullshit and further evidence that everything cool that once was in this town is now no more. I get the feeling sometimes that I’m living in Toronto or something.

What happened to this city? Why are we driving every bit of culture and edge out? Oh yeah… money. I’m beginning to wonder if New York is worth the premium anymore. It’s like being a member of a club without a clubhouse.

You watch Downtown 81 and you see what a mess the Lower Eastside used to be. Looks like downtown Grozny. And I’m not saying we go back to the city’s wild west days, I’m just looking for a little fucking payback for my $1,500 a month shoe box and 3 dollar hotdogs. It used to be that you could go to a place like Rocks in Your Head and talk to Kevin and he would play some cool “7 inches for you and you’d buy a fucking Joy Division record and feel smug in the assurance that you at least had the world coolest record stores in walking distance.

This story isn’t over. I say we all move to Berlin…


0 Responses to “ROCKS IN YOUR HEAD IS CLOSING”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm J.R.Knight
  • From
  • I'M SILENTLY JUDGING YOU BASED ON YOUR NETFLIX QUEUE
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

The Blind Man's Parade