26 REDS & A BOTTLE OF WINE

Sometimes I doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion




I DON'T LET NO COMMIES IN MY CAR... NO CHRISTIANS EITHER!


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Speaking of killing the landlords, there is a bunch of Chinese art in town.

First there was this in the Times on Thursday.

Now this at Film Forum.

After the People's Revolution Mao's wife and three time beat-a-baby-with-a-stick champion Jiang Qing banned all tradistional Chinese opera and commissioned these new revolutionary operas. These are awesomely bizarre mixes of Chinese Communist propaganda and garish Broadway music. Imagine Oklahoma where the landlords get shot and everyone is forced to work on government farms. Instead of singing "Oh, what a beautiful morning..." Curly sings "Oh, what an honorable Chairman Mao, most excellent leader of the people..." I don't know, it just doesn't zip, ya know? I'm actually going to go check it out tonight. If I post on Tuesday about the Honorable Chairman you'll know why. Here is the trailer.

Just to wrap up this whole commie thing check out this site where for a few of your hard earn corn rations to can have yourself inserted into a classic Chinese propaganda poster. It's going to be the "IT" birthday present this year.

PS - It's shit like that post on the 347 building that makes the idea of shooting the landlords so exciting.

Points for identifying the quote used as this post's title. Alex, you can't guess.


0 Responses to “I DON'T LET NO COMMIES IN MY CAR... NO CHRISTIANS EITHER!”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm J.R.Knight
  • From
  • I'M SILENTLY JUDGING YOU BASED ON YOUR NETFLIX QUEUE
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

The Blind Man's Parade