26 REDS & A BOTTLE OF WINE

Sometimes I doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion




THERE IS SOMETHING YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT ME


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I was named after a Joan Baez song. The only person in the world to guess that when first meeting me was Peaches. I said "I'm Jesse." She said, "like the song! Hey Jesse! It's lonely!" We were on mushrooms and on a construction site at five a.m. Hey! Berlin's a fucked up place!

the lyrics after the jump!


Jesse come home, there's a hole in the bed
Where we slept; now it's growing cold.
Jesse your face, in the place where we lay
By the hearth, all apart, it hangs on my heart

And I'm leaving the light on the stairs
No I'm not scared; I wait for you
Hey Jesse, it's lonely, come home.

Jesse the stairs in the halls, recalling
Your step; and I remember too.
All the pictures are shaded and fading in grey
And I still set a place on the table at noon

And I'm leaving the light on the stairs
No I'm not scared; I wait for you
Hey Jesse, it's lonely, come home.

Jesse the spread on the bed,
It's like when you left, I kept it for you.
All the blues and the greens have been recently cleaned
And are seemingly new; hey Jess, me and you.

We'll swallow the light on the stairs
I'll fix up my hair, we'll sleep unawares
Hey Jesse, it's lonely, come home

Hey - do me a favor! If I drop dead tell everyone I was named after Jesse Luscious Townley. Please?


2 Responses to “THERE IS SOMETHING YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT ME”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    I prefer my concocted Dukes of Hazard name origin story better.

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Well, Bobby did what to make my middle name Jesse and my first name Uncle but Valerie didn't get the reference since the show hadn't aired yet (my dad was from teh future)

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm J.R.Knight
  • From
  • I'M SILENTLY JUDGING YOU BASED ON YOUR NETFLIX QUEUE
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

The Blind Man's Parade