26 REDS & A BOTTLE OF WINE

Sometimes I doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion




GREAT MOMENTS IN MUSIC: BROADCAST EDITION


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



So I have three great pieces of video that have been swimming around the internet for a while.


First is this appearance on Top of the Pops by Nirvana. Here they do Smells Like Teen Spirit. What's that, you're sick of that song. Well what if I told you that it's only the music tracks to SLTS? That Kurt doesn’t the vocals live? Still no? Okay well what if I told you he does them like a lounge singer on Quaaludes? Now I got your attention. Just cause I like you I'm gonna throw in Dave Grohl and Krist Novoselic not even pretending to play their instruments. Enjoy!


Public Image Limited on American Bandstand. Johnny does Grohl and Novoselic one better. He shows a total disregard for the lip-syncing format of AB. This is actually more tribal experience than television appearance. Notice that Dick Clark doesn't make an appearance after the introduction. I image him backstage firing his booking agent. It's awesome!!


While we on the subject of AB, here's Prince on the show the same year as PIL (1980) this must have been a tough year for Dick Clark. Prince spends most of the song out of spitting range of his mic. I guess he heard the music, knew he didn't have to sing and just figured he'd dance. See Ashlee Simpson? People don't care if you don't sing when they like you. Check out the interview Dick gets from Prince in the middle of the clip. Prince is 19 at the time.

All three of these were taken off the BFMU.org blog. But screenhead has versions too.


3 Responses to “GREAT MOMENTS IN MUSIC: BROADCAST EDITION”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    For the very, very few times i need to hear that song again in my life, I pray to god its that version.

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Is it possible that he's even gayer here than he is in Purple Rain?

  3. Anonymous Anonymous 

    soooooo gay

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm J.R.Knight
  • From
  • I'M SILENTLY JUDGING YOU BASED ON YOUR NETFLIX QUEUE
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

The Blind Man's Parade